Yes State NM
- Access a variety of public assistance programs online in the state of New Mexico
- These public assistance programs are primarily designed for poor people with little to no education
- An account must be created before using the Yes State NM online service
The Yes State NM service is free to use and is operated by the state of New Mexico Human Services Department. Programs associated with the Yes State New Mexico service include Medical Assistance (aka Medicaid), Food Assistance (aka SNAP aka Food Stamps), Cash Assistance (TANF) and Energy Assistance (LIHEAP). In order to create an account the user must be a resident in the state of New Mexico, provide their name, address, and a valid email address (those who love outside the state of New Mexico are not eligible for the Yes State NM service).
Who they are:
“The mission of the Human Services Department (HSD) is to reduce the impact of poverty on people living in New Mexico by providing support services that help families break the cycle of dependency on public assistance” – yes.state.nm.us
Yes State NM Quick Notes
- A must for poor people in the state of New Mexico
- Income limits associated with Yes State NM program are set by the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPL) as set by the United States Department of Health and Human Services
- In order to apply for ANY benefits the resident MUST create an online account
Any questions about the Yes State NM service can be directed to 1 (800) 283-4465. The Human Services Department (HSD) also recognizes the importance of developing work readiness in the populations served through public assistance. Other lesser known program operated by Yes State NM include the Refugee Resettlement Program, Behavioral Health Services (mental illness, substance abuse and compulsive gambling), and Public School Commodity Foods Program.