Torczyner v Staples Settlement
- File a claim online in regards to Torczyner v. Staples
- All claim forms most be postmarked (aka in the mail) by February 24, 2021
- A final approval hearing will take place on February 28, 2021 at 10:00 AM (class members DO NOT need to attend in order to claim a reward)
The Torczyner v Staples Settlement revolves around claims that Staples did not inform consumers adequately in regards to pro rata coupon accounting when it calculated Staples Rewards earnings in transactions involving product-specific coupons. Staples has denied any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid a long drawn out court battle which could cost much more than the proposed settlement. The case is pending out of the United States District Court, Southern District of California and is listed as case number 16-cv-2965 JM (JLB). Class members in the Torczyner v Staples Settlement are defined as anyone living in the United States who  bought a Rewards-eligible product and a non-Rewards eligible product in the same transaction,  used an item-specific coupon on the non-Rewards eligible product, and  were negatively impacted by Staples’s pro rata coupon accounting between the dates of February 24, 2009 to February 25, 2021. Those who file a timely claim will receive a $10 in Staples Rewards (assuming the proposed settlement is approved).
- All class members will be represented by the law firm of Hach Rose Schirripa & Cheverie, LLP
- The fairness hearing will take place at U.S. DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN DIST. OF CALIFORNIA 333 WEST BROADWAY SAN DIEGO, CA 92101
- The Judge who will oversee the case is listed as JEFFREY T. MILLER
Any questions about case number 16-cv-2965 JM can be directed to the claims administrator at Admin@TorczynervStaplesSettlement.com or those who would like to reach out via US Mail can write to: Torczyner v. Staples, Inc. Settlement, c/o KCC, PO BOX 43484, Providence RI 02940-3484.