Prepaid Membership Class Action Lawsuit
- Obtain more information in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled In re: 24 Hour Fitness Prepaid Memberships Litigation
- PrepaidMembershipSettlement.com is administered by Rust Consulting
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 6/1/18 to determine if the proposed settlement is fair to class members
The Prepaid Membership Settlement class members contend that 24 Hour Fitness offered members lifetime renewals for an annual fee that would not change but then later raised that fee on some members. 24 Hour Fitness USA Inc. claims that the membership agreement allowed them to raise the fees but class members contend that 24 Hour Fitness USA Inc. sold these agreements as “just paperwork” and didn’t matter, and that 24 Hour Fitness would never increase the fees.
Class members in the case are defined as anyone in the United States who enrolled in or updated a 24 Hour Fitness Prepaid Membership on or after August 1, 2006 and were still enrolled in a prepaid membership as of August 1, 2020.
24 Hour Fitness USA Inc. deny any actions of wrong doing in the case but have agreed to settle in order to avoid further litigation. The lawsuit is listed as case number 3:16-cv-01668-JSW and 3:16-cv-02359-JSW.
- The 24 Hour Fitness USA Inc. membership lawsuit is under review in the in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- 24 Hour Fitness HAS HIRED Elizabeth L. Deeley, Christopher W. Keegan, and Austin L. Klar from the law firm of KIRKLAND & ELLIS LLP
- Class members who file timely claims will be represented by Rafey S. Balabanian, Eve-Lynn Rapp, Timothy N. Mathews, Catherine Pratsinakis, Kristen L. Sagafi, and Gordon M. Fauth, Jr.
- When submitting a claim the class member must provide the claimant ID number provided in their settlement notice or their prepaid membership agreement number
Any questions in regards to the PrepaidMembershipSettlement.com can be directed to toll free 1-888-773-8392 or send a letter to 24 Hour Fitness USA Inc. Prepaid Memberships Settlement – 5753 c/o Rust Consulting, P.O. Box 2616, Faribault, MN 55021-96161.