- A class action lawsuit has been filed against Chase Bank claiming the bank harmed credit card accountholders’ credit scores and even required them to pay on debts that were discharged in Chapter 7 bankruptcy
- HaynesSettlement.com is administered by Rust Consulting Inc.
- The settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 8/20/18
*Check out No Proof Class Action Lawsuit Settlements (these settlements do not require proof when filing a claim).
The Haynes Class Action Lawsuit claim Chase’s failed to update class members credit card accounts which reflected negatively on Class Members’ credit scores. Chase denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settlement terms in order to avoid further litigation.
In order to file a claim simply visit haynessettlement.com/Claim-Form and provide the required information. ALL CLAIM FORMS ARE DUE BY 7/18/18.
Yep this sounds right up my ally but who is a class member?
“Class Members include “all individuals (i) who maintained a Credit Card Account with CBUSA; (ii) whose account CBUSA charged off and then sold to a Debt Buyer on or after August 1, 2008, and (iii) who post-sale sought and obtained a discharge of the debt as a result of his/her bankruptcy under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code, through and including the date of the Bankruptcy Court’s preliminary approval of the Settlement.” – straight from the horse mouth aka haynessettlement.com/FAQ
HaynesSettlement.com Lawsuit Notes
- Class members who file valid claims can expect to see a full refund of the amount paid on an affected Chase Bank credit card account, along with a share of the settlement award
- The lawsuit is entitled Rusty Haynes v. Chase Bank USA NA, and listed as case number 8 CV 3307 (VB)
- The case is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Chase has agreed to pay a mind blowing $11.5 million settlement in order to avoid further trial
HaynesSettlement.com Contact Information
- Mail: Haynes v. Chase Settlement Administrator, c/o Rust Consulting Inc. – 6032, PO Box 44, Minneapolis, MN 55440-0044 (this address can also be used to mail claim forms)
- Phone: 1-877-896-6933
All class members who file valid claims will be represented by the law firms of BOIES SCHILLER FLEXNER LLP and CHARLES JUNTIKKA & ASSOCIATES. Chase Bank has hired WILMER CUTLER PICKERING HALE AND DORR LLP.