Cable Box Settlement
- Obtain more information in regards to the class action lawsuit styled Februaryese v. Cablevision Systems Corp., No. 2:10-cv-02190-MCA-MAH
- This lawsuit was orignally filed back in February of 2010 by Class Representatives are Gary Februaryese, Esther Weinstein, and Joan Howard
- The deadline to file a claim in the case is listed as February 23, 2021
The Cable Box Settlement class members contend that Cablevision violated both federal and state laws by requiring its cable TV subscribers to rent a set-top box from Cablevision in order to receive certain video services. The defendants in the case are officially listed as Cablevision Systems Corporation and CSC Holdings LLC. Class members in the Cable Box Settlement are defined as anyone in the states of New Jersey, Connecticut and New York who subscribed to Cablevision’s video services and paid a monthly fee to lease a “set-top” box between the dates February 30, 2004 to February 9, 2021.
Cable Box Settlement Quick Notes
- To request a claim form by mail please call 1-888-760-4871
- Settlement amounts differ based on how long the customer was subscribed to Cablevision’s video services
- A fairness hearing will be held on February 12, 2021, at 11:00 a.m to discuss the terms of the Cable Box settlement
- Any questions about this cable class action lawsuit can be directed to email@example.com
- The deadline to object or excuse oneself from the settlement is February 24, 2021
The Cable Box Settlement as mentioned previously will differ per class member BUT class members can expect credits ranging between $50-$140 in value or a one-time bill credit (ranging between $20-$40) to Cablevision’s Current Subscribers. Former Subscribers can get a one-time cash payment (ranging between $20-$40) and other benefits. Please note class members are NOT required to show up at the bothersome fairness hearing in order to collect a settlement credit BUT can attend if desired by showing up at United States District Court for the District of New Jersey Courtroom 2A Martin Luther King Building & U.S. Courthouse 50 Walnut Street, Newark, NJ 07101 (if the class member would like to speak/make a statement they will have to notify the court ahead of time)… most class members should just take the credit and run.
Submit a claim online at cableboxsettlement.com/Home/Filing.